La Bayadère – The Boston Opera House

At Friday night I attended La Bayadere, after a lot of Operas, here it comes the moment for our first Ballet. We went with a friend who studied ballet and recommended to us attend to this one.

I used to see ballet on television and usually I was doing something else at the same time but this time was to be different. I was to be concentrate at one hundred per cent.


The Boston Opera House is beautiful and big, you don’t know how big it is until you walk in through the little entrance door at Washington Street. While we’re waiting for our friend at the door we saw a lot of dancers coming to the performance you can realized that for their way of walking.


I have to say that the public was very disrespectful with the orchestra and they interrupt all the time clapping when a new dancer came to the stage. The most embarrassing moment was when at the second scene at the first act the public began to talk while the orchestra was playing the Ludwig Minkus music and they carried on talking as they were at the living room of their houses. It was unbelievable how every moment the people made comments all the time I’ve never seen this behavior neither at the school festival.

The story of the Bayadère (The Temple Dancer) is about the love between Nikita and the warrior Solor. Both of them promise each other eternal love dancing on a fire ceremony at India. Like opera this love is going to be impossible and both are going to suffer and as the opera somebody is going to die, in this case Nikita, The Bayadère. The principal dancers Misa Kuranaga and James Whiteside were fantastic with a really good technique on my friend words and the corps the ballet as well. It was a pleasure saw them dance although in my case I missed a soprano or tenor singing the story, but I went to The Ballet not to the Opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment