John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum




After six months living here this Saturday comes the moment to visit The JFK Library and Museum.

 I have to say that JFK is the American president which I know more of his life but after this visit I realized that I didn’t know anything about him.






The building is in a beautiful location at the waterfront. The Pavilion is the most fantastic part of the building designated by I.M. Pei, the Chinese and American architect who designed the John Hancock Tower too.



Inside the Pavilion you feel an interior indescribable peace while you enjoy the sea with Boston city at the back , your mind think about the exposition that you just have seen and you think that was really unfair that somebody could devised a plan to assassinate him and deprive the world of such genius.



As a European person I knew that JFK was a good president that everybody loved him but I didn’t know a lot of details of his life that made me admire a man that risk his life for his believes. I think that he did that a lot of things that some of the good Americans presidents thought that were correct but hadn’t got the courage to do it or even to express aloud.



His pacifist inaugural speech was something that now still being shocked after fifty years and made you wonder how would have been the world if he had had time to carry out all of his presidential goals.





I was really surprise as well with Jackie’s cultural work, with her renovation of the White House, with her way of promoting the arts and, definitely, with her way of preserve and protect America’s cultural heritage.

We had a fantastic visit guided for a fantastic member of the museum who answered to all of our questions and explained the exhibition showing a huge knowledge of JFK life.

No comments:

Post a Comment