Preview of the New Wing at the MFA

It happened a long time ago, I know, but the experience was really nice and I must write about that. The members preview was at November 14th, while we’re waiting to go in we saw how the people joined to queue. One minute before going in the situation looked like this:



I have to make a confession I was quite excited to have this privilege with my membership and everybody around us looked to feel the same as us.

The MFA gave to us the Boston Globe Magazine with a full illustrated article about the New Art of the American wing to make all of us more anxious about our imminent entrance.

I’ve been at the MFA for several times since I’m living in Boston, we bought our Memberships after our first visit because we knew that the Museum worth more time to absorb and enjoy all the expositions, but this visit was special, being direct witness of such as big event in my new city.
The opening came at 12:00 pm and… up the stairs, inside the building and the expectation of a child in Disney World. We went directly to the second floor, 19th century and early 20th century art. During all my education period the teachers that I had in Art or history spoke to me about European artist and European history. The discovery of new American painters (for me obviously) is a pleasant sensation that I experiment every time that I visit the museum.

I highly recommend at least one visit to the museum if you don’t know it yet.

These are some of the work of art that you can find at the second floor of the MFA.


No comments:

Post a Comment