Fourth of July 2011

I was downloading the photos of last weekend, (I´ll write about it because It has been very active), and I found the 4th of July pictures.

This has been our second 4th of July, this time we were on a very privileged place, on a friend roof deck.   The experience was fabulous, nobody pushed me or stepped on my foot, in the meantime we’re drinking Caipirinhas enjoying the gentle breeze.

Before the big fireworks we had a prelude, from different roof decks fireworks flash could been seen.

The Rotary road was cut as last year was and after some cold days, the 4th began quite hot, we’re walking along the river observing how the people started to take positions to watch the fireworks, there were genuine professionals with tents, coolers, chairs, American flags, I have to say that I remember all my family in Spain and I was wondering If they were here in Boston we’d be along the river as well, who knows.



If I have to compare this celebration with a Spanish celebration I think that it’ll be with New Year’s Eve, everybody waiting at home or at the street for something special to happen. In New Year´s Eve we wait for the stock at twelve to eat twelve grapes that will bring to us luck for the New Year.


























No comments:

Post a Comment