4th of July in Boston

It has been our first 4th of July in America. It has been incredible. It’s amazing how the American citizens live this day. I don’t know if in all cities are the same but in Boston is a day that makes the hairs on the back of your neck standing on end. The riverside was full of people; there wasn’t any centimeter of grass free to sit down. Everybody was out of their houses ready to live the freedom day. I don’t know if it is because I’m from Spain and we aren’t very patriots but this patriotism see on life is astonishing for me.

We went to the River Charles Esplanade on midday to look around and know what the Americans do in this particular day that you know from the films. The Esplanade was full of people everybody camped in everywhere, after the 4th of July I’ve discovered that everybody goes early to have a good spot to listen the music and to see the night fireworks.

The fireworks started around half past ten and I don’t know if it’s because the environment and the situation, they had been the best ones that I’ve ever seen. Thousands of people looking at the sky at the same time, waiting for the light and colors coming from the fireworks, it is something impossible to forget.

I forgot my camera and I had to take the pictures with the Iphone, but I’ll always have the moment recorded on my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment